Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vacation reading...

Yes, I'm here on vacation.  Won't bore you with the nothingness that I've been doing.  I do want to comment on an old magazine story I was reading.  Actually, my mom keeps it by her side.  It's a story about Michael J. Fox and Parkinson's disease.  My mom reads the story, carefully studying the content to see or find something that says there is a way to manage this disease.    Anyway, in his story it talks about how he copes with the illness. I see my mom and how she copes with the illness.  It's tough.  She gets around the best she can.  I think it's too bad that Fox got this disease at such a young age.  However, he will probably have excellent care.  Money will be no object.  He probably will have someone assist him to put his shoes on, to button his shirt, to assist him into bed and onto the toilet.  I felt the article was not real.  There are plenty of people with the disease, but not as fortunate as him.  Anyway, I could see my mom reading the article for some clue on the cure so she could walk better, not get freezes, be able to get herself out of a chair and into bed.  There was none.

No comments:

Post a Comment