Friday, July 2, 2010

Julia childs and other interests

I read "the lovely bones" on vacation. I had a hard time getting through the first chapter, and skimmed the description of the assault. I did enjoy the rest of the book. It was good, wouldn't read it again, like I have wanted to do with so many books that I love. I haven't seen the movie and probably will when it comes to cable or Netflix. I did see the movie Julia and Julia. (was that the name of it?) It was very good and Meryl Streep was fabulous. She was the highlight of the movie. I watched Julia Child during my younger days. I learned alot from her. Some good techniques. I will try to share some with you with photos sometime. It was interesting how they portrayed Julia as such a sensual woman. She just does not look the part. I found the story to be quite interesting. She was not an overnight success. If I remember correctly, it looks like it took about ten years for her to gain her fame and have her book published. Oh well, there's hope for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment