Friday, July 2, 2010

flowers from tootsie rolls and salt water taffy

I was thinking about different mediums to make flowers for my cakes. I know you can make them with tootsie rolls. I made them one night and they came out very nice, And the tootsie roll was easy to work with and held up nicely.
When I was on the plane going to Jersey, I was thinking about making flowers for a cake while I was there. I thought I could use salt water taffy. Well, I bought a box and sure enough, I made flowers for my Aunt Mary's cake. I didn't tell anyone until I was sure they looked ok. Unfortunately, I have a lousy picture of the cake, but maybe I can do something with it to post it. The tootsie roll worked very well. I will make more of them and post them. I think they would be nice for a boy's cake. I was also thinking about a candy that we ate years ago. It was called Turkish Taffy. I bet that would have worked beautifully.
I'll be back. I have alot on my mind tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment