Thursday, July 1, 2010

Another recipe, string beans and potatoes




I also made stringbeans and potatoes. Thats an old recipe that most Italians make. Lots of chopped garlic, olive oil and fresh string beans.
Boil the string beans in a frying pan with a bit of salt. The frying pan keeps the beans green. Boil a few potatoes cut into 1inch pieces in another pot. Remove the string beans when they are to your liking. Clean pan and put olive oil and lots of chopped garlic. Saute until soft then add the beans. Drain the potatoes and add to the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. And of course, add plenty of chopped fresh parsley.
Real Good!

2 comments:

  1. I was talking to my friend and she said she fries a bit of bacon to start these beans. Delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is making me very hungry....everything looks so delicious. I love the red, white & blue flowers....are they lobelias?

    ReplyDelete