Monday, July 5, 2010

Ground meat tips






I had London broil beef ground. I tell you, I never buy ground meat. I only pick out something in the meat case and ask to have it ground. I learned this from my father-in-law. He turned me on to this and I've followed his advice for over 40years. I make meatballs, meatloaf and an occasional hamburger. If I can't get my meat ground, none of these get made.
The total cost of the meat was $6.36, the meat was $2.29 a lb. I made 10 nice sized burgers. They will go into the freezer. You can take one out individually, or take out as many as needed to make meatballs or meatloaf. Also, when you freeze meat in smaller quantities, it defrosts faster. I wanted to show the meat labels, but could not put another picture on this post. I'm going to try again. Well, I tried and it didn't work. I will do another post. I hope you enjoyed this simple bit of info. Oh, by the way, I formed the burgers in a cottage cheese lid. Nice size.

No comments:

Post a Comment